Nnimmo IS NOT free YET...

  Sorry for the conflicting messages all-

  I've just spoken with Nnimmo's wife and he is definetly not at home yet.
  There are initial reports that he is out of jail, but perhaps still under
  some form of observation and obligation to not leave Lagos.  We will have
  more tomorrow.

  In the meantime, please continue to express concern to Shell and Nigeria for
  his welfare.

  Peace,
  Steve

  At 09:37 PM 10/30/97 +0000, you wrote:

  >Nnimmo Bassey is free and back at home. I have just been in touch with
  >ERA. So please stop writing letters and let your friends know about it.

  >   JEDRZEJ GEORGE FRYNAS
  >   Dept. of Economics, University of St Andrews, St Andrews KY16 9AL, UK
  >   E-MAIL: jgf1@st-and.ac.uk, PHONE/FAX:  (44) 1334 - 46 43 59

  Steve Kretzmann			510-705-8982 - office
  Campaigns Coordinator		510-705-8983 - fax

  Project Underground
  Exposing corporate environmental & human rights abuses
  Supporting communities threatened by the mining and oil industries

  1847 Berkeley Way			http://www.moles.org
  Berkeley, CA, 94703, USA