Steve Kretzmann on Democracy Now this morning

  I just heard Steve Kretzmann and Terrance Friedhouse (from the Uwa support
  group here in Los Angeles) interviewed by Amy Goodman on Democracy Now
  regarding the Uwa Tribe's dealings with Occidental Oil in Colombia.

  If anyone would like a tape of this interview, you can call (800) 735-0230.

  I can't help but wonder if we can expect more of this kind of situation
  (the Uwa are intending to commit mass suicide if Occidental Oil invades
  their lands) under the Multilateral Agreement on Investment, which will
  give corporations like Occidental the right to sue governments that don't
  want them in their countries.

  Sheila Goldner