Re: genetic testing and insurance

  On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Andy Oram wrote:

  [Insurance companies and genetic testing]

  Not really a response, but the post reminded me:  some time ago, someone
  posted a bit on one of the lists to which I subscribe--this one seems
  the most logical--alleging that results of genetic testing have _already
  been used_ to deny insurance coverage.  The rationale:  the test
  revealed a pre-existing condition.

  Does anyone have any details on this?  Perhaps a reliable citation?  Or
  am I merely repeating another Internet rumor?

  I don't know whether I'm hoping for truth or falsehood here.  Of course,
  it's only a matter of time....

  --
  +  Dave Williams   +