Re: Rel. of Information - Secondary release (fwd)

  Dick, this is an interesting worm you just threw into the can.  I'm

  It seems to strengthen the case against re-release of records. If we're
  going to throw "law" into the discussion, state law and precedent are
  also important.
  Copyright laws may apply to the physical records, but the courts have
  always upheld (and some states by law) that the information in the record
  belongs to the patient.  Many states also have laws that require the
  release of that information under very few conditions, except by direct
  and informed consent of the patient.

  Peggy M. Perkins, ART
  perkins@nevada.edu