  Subject: Administrative simplification in the health reform bill
  Author:  Judy Wagner at Simon-DC
  Date:    8/1/96 12:06 PM

            Thanks to Anne Marie catching the problem when the rest of
            the world was determined to ignore it -- and Paul being
            willing to make it an issue in discussion with other
            Senators -- the bill will NOT permit the establishment of
            huge data banks of our private personal health records
            without any privacy safeguards or penalties for misuse of
            information.

            It won't show up in press reports, but this is a significant
            victory.
  ***** NOTES from Lucinda Sikes (LSIKES@CITIZEN) at 8/1/96 4:05p
  Anne Marie is a Simon staffer.  Congratulations!