Corp-Focus is a moderated listserve which distributes the weekly column "Focus on the Corporation," by Robert Weissman, editor of Multinational Monitor magazine.
Focus on the Corporation scrutinizes the multinational corporation -- the most powerful institution of our time. Once a week, it reports and comments critically on corporate actions, plans, abuses and trends. Written with a sharp edge and occasional irreverence, Focus on the Corporation covers:
* The double standards which excuse corporations for behavior (e.g., causing injury, accepting welfare) widely considered criminal or shameful when done by individuals;
* Globalization and corporate power;
* Trends in corporate economic blackmail, political influence and workplace organization;
* Industry-wide efforts to escape regulation, silence critics, employ new technologies or consolidate business among a few companies;
* Specific, extreme examples of corporate abuses: destruction of communities, trampling of democracy, poisoning of air and water; and
* The corporatization of our culture.
You can comment on columns and check out back columns at and at .
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the corp-focus
Subscribe to corp-focus by filling out the following
You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. This is a hidden list, which means that the members list is available only to the list administrator.