  I was recently invited to Japan to talk about efforts in the U.S. to gain
  access to government databases.  I was struck by the interest in Japan on
  the US right to know movement, and I was also very interested in the
  freedom of information movement in Japan.  I promissed to set up a list
  to faciliate exhanges of information between right-to-know experts in the
  U.S. and in Japan.  This note shows how to subscribe, for those who are
  interested in the dialogue.  jamie
  New Internet list, JAPAN-US-FOI
  JAPAN-US-FOI is a list set up for exchanges of information
  about Freedom of Information (FOI) in Japan and the U.S.A.
  I hope that this list can be used to allow citizens to learn
  about right-to-know efforts in both countries.
  To become a subscriber, send an email messages to:
  With a one line message in the body of the email that reads
  But, of course, change Jane Doe to your name!
  If you have problems subscribing to the list, send a note to
  James Love at:
  October 11, 1996
  James Love / love@tap.org / P.O. Box 19367, Washington, DC 20036
  Voice: 202/387-8030; Fax 202/234-5176