Re: "ISDN Tariff Trick"

  On Fri, 1 Nov 1996 SILKMALON@aol.com wrote:

  > to allay mr. goldstein's worst fears, i am not an rboc nor do i represent the
  > interests of such an organization.

    No, you are just a super sensitive guy. I'm not sure what scurilous
  attacks he perpetrated, but I think you are overreacting.

  > i have forwarded mr. goldstein's remarks to his corporate counsel, and asked
  > whether mr. goldstein's "style" and position is the bbn's.

    Geez! I guess reading the sentence in his signature that says 'opinions
  are mine alone' doesn't convey the message?

  > as president of my
  > technology firm, mr. goldstein has gone some distance to convince me none of
  > my company's offices ever nationwide will ever do business with bbn when
  > there are other options.

    Please post the name of your technology firm, please.

  > i have also instructed mr. golstein on several occasions to stop sending
  > e-mail to me. he refuses, and now seems to be extending his personal agenda.
  >
  > if mr. goldstein is incapable of acting in the professional manner one would
  > expect from bbn in a forum such as this, then i recommend certain guidelines
  > be established for this forum.

    Guideline 1) Any poster not utilizing proper capitalization shall be
                 automatically removed.

    Guideline 2) Any poster not understanding the term 'opinions are mine
                 alone' shall be sent back to grammer school or forced to
                 see an optomitrist.

    Guideline 3) Any poster wishing to establish guidelines shall be spanked
                 with a wet noddle.

    Guideline 4) Any ISDN question related to configuring your Bitsurfer
                 shall be answered in ROT13.

    Guideline 5) Any user posting 'remove me from your junk email' list
                 shall have his name and address sent to the direct
                 marketing association asking to be placed on any and all
                 mailing lists.

    Guideline 6) Any user posting from the AOL domain must wear a tall
                 pointy hat and sit on a stool in the corner facing the
                 wall.

    Guideline 7) Any user without a sense of humor shall be forced to
                 watch presidential debates from the past for 7 days
                 straight.

  ====================================
      *** ALL OPINIONS ARE POSSIBLY MINE. THEY DO NOT REFLECT
          THE VIEWS OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, THE STATE GOVERNMENT, OR
          ANY MUNICIPALITY. THE OPINIONS ARE NOT THOSE OF ANY COMPANY
          I'VE SENT A RESUME TO OR ANY COMPANY WHOSE HOLIDAY PARTY
          I'VE ATTENDED. IF I STOOD AN A DMV LINE OR AT A CHECKOUT COUNTER
          AT YOUR GROCERY STORE, BE ASSURED, MY OPINIONS DO NOT REFLECT
          YOURS. NOTE HOWEVER, IF YOU SHARE IDENTICAL VIEWS, THEN MY
          OPINIONS ARE THE SAME AS YOURS. IF I VOTE FOR YOU ON NOV 5,
          MY OPINIONS ARE MY OWN. IF I DO A POLITICAL COMMERCIAL FOR YOU,
          THOSE ARE YOUR OPINIONS, BUT I'M PRETENDING THEY ARE MINE. ***