satisfied customer

  Matthew Sparby wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:

   MS> I don't know if it's still around, but a similar function
   MS> was once = served by a program called "PC Pursuit" where
   MS> data calls were made to a = local CO and the data was
   MS> transmitted to the remote CO where another = modem then made
   MS> a connection with the call's destination.  It resulted = in
   MS> lower call charges and improved data reliability.

  PC Pursuit used an X.25 network running at 2400 bps.  It is long gone.  This
  system was generally the same as that used today for remote access to networks
  such as Tymnet, which allows logging into CIS or AOL via a local telephone
  number.  I would not consider X.25 to be a model worth following.

  -- Mike