Re: Note from a satisfied customer

  On Tue, 19 Mar 1996, W. Curtiss Priest wrote:

  > >I think the point is that an ISDN signal is transmitted within the network
  > >as a digital network.
  > Interesting point.
  >
  > My question is this, then?  How much of today's voice traffic is
  > actually digitized and travels via a digital network?  None?

  ALL of it is digitalized, (for all intents and purposes) the Analog modem
  signal is also digitized right along...  so you have a digital signal
  that contains an analog represntaion of a digital signal...

  The limit of 28.8 on anlog modems is because of the limit of what
  digitalizing and de-digitalizing does to the signal.  Irrelivant to isdn
  , which just sends it as stright digital..

  > Regards,
  >    Curtiss
  >
  >             W. Curtiss Priest, Director, CITS
  >       Center for Information, Technology & Society
  >          466 Pleasant St., Melrose, MA  02176
  >        Voice: 617-662-4044  BMSLIB@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
  >  Fax: 617-662-6882 WWW: gopher://gopher.eff.org:70/11/Groups/CITS

  Charles MacDonald    Stittsville Ontario cmacd@achilles.net
  A Ship in Port is SAFE, but that is not what a Ship is built for.