  Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 14:07:03 -0500
  From: Fred R. Goldstein <fgoldstein@BBN.COM>
  Subject: Re: Latest BA Bell Juice

  Bell Atlantic is taking extreme liberties with the truth if they
  attribute SS7 deployment to ISDN, residential or otherwise.

  SS7 is needed for revenue-generating CLASS features such as Caller ID and
  City Wide Centrex.

  BA has t he  highest  Centrex penetration in the world.  Over 2M
  lines, many in DC (GSA).  They use SS7 for everything, including
  faster call completion.  They had SS7 way before NYNEX; I first
  noticed it when calling from my mother's place in NJ to a distant
  part of that LATA, around 1991, and the call went thru in under 1
  second.  NYNEX was a LOT slower!

  $32/month is a good rate, too.  Even with 2 EUCLs atop it.
  ___
  Fred R. Goldstein      fgoldstein@bbn.com
  BBN Corp.              Cambridge MA  USA    +1 617 873 3850