Microsoft Research Project

  We would like to do a simple research project, comparing the level of
  advertising for software over the past decade in two popular magazines
  which cater to consumers who own personal computers that use the
  microsoft operating system:  PC Magazine, and PC World.

  Our hypothesis is that there has been a dramatic decline in the percent
  of advertisements in these magazines for software (with a corresponding
  percent shift in ads for computer hardware).  If true, this is evidence
  that is consistent with the view that the market for mass market desktop
  software applications is less competitive today.

  It would be very helpful if people could send us some older issues of PC
  World or PC Magazine, since we have not kept them.  Thanks much for any
  older issues.  Our mailing address is P.O. Box 19367, Washington, DC
  20036.  For deliveries to the office directly (by UPS or other
  non-postal carriers) use 1233 20th Street, Washington, DC 20036, Suite
  401.

     Thanks.  James Love <love@cptech.org>

  --
  James Love | Center for Study of Responsive Law
  P.O. Box 19367 | Washington, DC 20036 | http://www.cptech.org