RE: Background Dioxin Levels?

  Here are some references where you might find more information:

  1. Bauer KM, Cramer PH, Stanley JS, Fredette C, Giglinto TL (1992)
  Multivariate Statistical Analyses of PCDD and PCDF Levels in Fish,
  Sediment, and Soil Samples Collected Near Resource Recovery Facilities.
  Chemosphere 25: 1441-1447.
  2. Creaser CS, Fernandes AR, Al-Haddad A, Harrad SJ, Homer RB, Skett PW,
  Cox EA (1989) Survey of background levels of PCDDs and PCDFs in UK soils.
  Chemosphere 18: 767-776.
  3. Creaser CS, Fernandes AR, Harrad SJ, Cox EA (1990) Levels and sources of
  PCDDs and PCDFs in urban British soils. Chemosphere 21: 931-938.
  4. Eduljee GH, Gair AJ (1996) Validation of a methodology for modelling
  PCDD and PCDF intake via the foodchain. Sci Total Environ 187: 211-229.
  5. Fries GF (1995) A review of the significance of animal food products as
  potential pathways of human exposures to dioxins. J Anim Sci 73: 1639-1650.
  6. Jackson AP, Eduljee GH (1994) An Assessment of the Risks Associated with
  PCDDs and PCDFs Following the Application of Sewage Sludge to Agricultural
  Land in the UK. Chemosphere 29: 2523-2543.
  7. Kujawa M, Raab M, Haberland W (1995) Environmental levels of PCDD/PCDF
  in soils of Brandenburg, Germany. Organohalogen Compd 24: 319-321.
  8. Rotard W, Christmann W, Knoth W (1991a) Background levels of PCDD/PCDF
  in soils of Western Germany. Dioxin '91 Abstracts 323-323 (P116). (Abstract)
  9. Rotard W, Christmann W, Knoth W (1994) Background levels of PCDD/F in
  soils of Germany. Chemosphere 29: 2193-2200.
  10. Sagunski H, Schuemann M, Mueller-Bagehl S, Waengler B, PƤpke O,
  Fertmann R, Dulon M, Csicsaky M (1993) Levels and patterns of PCDF and PCDD
  in eggs, chicken, and human blood of residents living on a contaminated
  area: investigation of a possible relationship. Organohalogen Compd 13:
  101-104.
  11. Wilken M, Neugebauer F, Fabarius G, Zeschmar-Lahl B, Jager J (1992)
  PCDD/PCDF Contamination of Different Pesticides Produced in Former GDR.
  Chemosphere 25: 1525-1531.

  Lars Oberg