Re: dioxin in beef ...and other animals

  William Verick wrote:

  [snip]

  > Can anyone provide an answer or a source of information for the following question:
  >
  > What measures can be taken by ranchers/farmers to reduce the amount of
  > dioxin accumulating in beef tissue?
  [snip]

  1. Join the fight to stop the permitting of incinerators, including
  those than burn medical waste and garbage; and close down permitted
  incinerators.

  2.  Join the fight to phase out PVC plastic. Without PVC and chlorinated
  solvents, such as chlorinated pesticides, dioxin would likely not be
  manufactured in the first place. Chlorinated vinyl plastics, I've been
  told, are the single largest use of chlorine.

  3. Join the fight to stop the pulp and paper mills from using
  organochlorines to bleach paper white.  Soils and waters downstream from
  such mills are tainted with dioxins and other organochlorines.

  4.  It's not just cattle, all animals, all mammals including the
  developing human fetus, have dioxin in their bodies.  WE MUST STOP THIS
  INSANITY IF THE RIGHT TO LIFE REALLY MATTERS.

  Susan Snow