Re: Fwd: NWU: SAVE OVERTIME PAY FOR COMPUTER PRO'S

  On Tue, 16 Dec 1997 10:57:34 -0500 (EST), Scott K. McGrath wrote:

  >Norm; Microsoft just -lost- a battle in State Labor court, for want of a
  >better, more knowledgeable term, about how it compensates the contractors
  >who work there.  I forgot the exact details... but I recall they were
  >forced to pay a -lot- of money to a -lot- of contractors in the
  >settlement...
  >
  >This appears to be merely an instance of "Lose the case, legalize the
  >action"

       Yep, and if you've got enough government officials in your pocket
  you just might be able to get away with it.

       But I have a feeling they're going to have trouble pulling this
  off too.  The way it's aimed specifically at the computer professional
  shows it for what it is, a blantant attempt to get around the same
  overtime laws that almost every other employer has to abide by.  I'm
  just glad it's being reported, because this kind of thing can't stand
  the light of day for very long.

   ...Thanks for the info,

   ...Norm