Re: Dole on Microsoft

  On Tue, 25 Nov 1997 10:32:07 -0500, Declan McCullagh wrote:

  >>     I believe they hired him a little over five years ago when he was
  >>first running for President...of course he may have even been on the
  >>payroll pack when he was only a Govenor.
  >
  >Which of course explains why the Clinton Justice Dept is moving against MSFT.

       But I think everyone forgets that it was also Clinton's DOJ that
  sided with M$ to appeal (and win) Judge Sporkin's ruling that the
  consent decree had absolutely no teeth.  If we don't hold their feet to
  the fire we could easily end up with a repeat of the last consent
  decree...another 'dog and pony' show for public consumption while M$
  gets away with a wrist slap again.

  >BTW, last week I copied over eight hundred pages from the court file, all
  >submitted this month or last month. MSFT and DoJ have been busy little
  >critters.

       Oh yeah, if nothing else it will interesting.

   ...Cheers,

   ...Norm

  * Brought to you by OS/2 Warp v4.0 and PMMail *
  * For a copy of my PGP key send me a message  *
  * with "send pub_key" in the subject          *