Things worth reading

  There are two interesting articles on the Microsoft controversy:

  1) The latest Nation Magazine has a piece by Andrew Shapiro, who lurks
  here, on "Hard Drive on Microsoft".  Unfortunately, the article has not
  been included on the electronic version of the Nation, so I can't crosspost
  it like I did Andrew's previous article. Perhaps he will feel motivated to
  post it here, but if he doesn't, it is worth tracking down.

  2) Today's NY Times magazine section has an article by James Gleick, their
  occasional contributor on computer matters, that is highly critical of
  Microsoft. Gleick is the author of an interesting book on chaos theory and
  founder of an Internet service provided whose name escapes me. He sold it
  several years ago.

  Louis Proyect