Re: "Racism, Satanism, & Fanaticism" The truth revealed.

  > On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 22:57:22 -0500, Declan McCullagh wrote:

  > >If consumers are being harmed, they certainly don't seem to be aware of it.

  To restate the obvious: *we* are consumers and *we* are aware of it.
  Some simple logic:

     1) At least *some* consumers are aware of being harmed by MS,

     2) It is therefore false that consumers, in entirety, are unaware
        of being harmed my MS,

     3) The *number* of consumers being aware of harm is uncertain,

     4) The extent of 3) can be better apraised if you don't denounce
        every incidence of 1) as being proof of the proposition that an
        extreme minority hold that view, and,

     5) It is plausable and logically consistent with the facts
        that *many* consumers are aware of being harmed.

  > >Besides, a look at history shows that antitrust investigations are
  > >politically motivated.

  All legal action is politically motivated, if one takes "politics" to
  refer to a system of power. The concept of criminality is a political
  concept; to empower society and victims at the expense of
  perpetrators. Likewise, antitrust is for the political benefit of
  consumers.

  Nothing is un-political.

       ,_
      /   i e t e r    / |/ a g e l