M$ impact on the public

  While "Appraising Microsoft", we must appraise its impact on the public.
  Here is a FIRST DRAFT version of it :

  + Some haven't yet eard the word "Microsoft". It could be :

         * they are not interested in computers
         * they don't use computers

  + Some consider Microsoft has a monopoly, and it is too much ! It could
         be :

         * bad personal experiences
         * well-informed people
         *
         * people who are on this list ;-)

  + Some consider Microsoft as only a successful company. It could be :

         * they only consider the money
         * they only consider the first usage of it's products

  + Some consider Microsoft as a company like the others. It could be :

         * they are not interested in computers
         * they don't use computers

  + Some consider Microsoft as a norm, a standard. As you must eat some
         food almost every day, you must use Office, including for tasks
         it is not designed for. It could be

         * they're ignorant of anything else
         * they fear uncompatibilities
         * they fear Microsoft reactions
         * they ear wrong voices

  + Some consider Microsoft as the only firm able to sell real-quality
         software. It could be

         * They're ignorant of the market
         * they see/ear too much adds
         * Microsoft is quoted in every computer conversations
         * they ear people like themselves

  + Some consider Microsoft as a humanitarian association (yes !). They
         are only a few, I will not consider for the moment why!

  + Some are in love with Microsoft, they haven't yet understood why such
         a brillant company agrees to bow to their problems !

  I met both skills and non-skills in every of those categories! (list to
  be continued)
  --
              .~~~.  ))
    (\__/)  .'     )  ))              Luc-Etienne BRACHOTTE